Monday, December 8, 2008

A couple of thoughts...

I have spent the last few days in the beautiful city of San Francisco at the annual CASE District VII conference. Too bad that most of the time was spent in the hotel, because I do love San Francisco. But let's get to the point of this blog.

These past couple of days I have gotten to know people I work with, to whom I am grateful for the things they've shared with me. One shared the struggle of starting a family after all treatments are done and adoption is the only option. The other the struggle of life and seeing her partner of many years lose her vision a little at a time, with no option for slowing the process.

I am grateful for the trust, but also grateful for the realizations that came from that. Realizations we all have somewhere in our hearts, but that became even more clear:
  1. We all are meant to have a miracle in our lives, even though that
    miracle may not come in the form we always dreamed of or expected.
  2. Sometimes, it's ok to be reckless and a bit irresponsible (within reason!), if that means giving those you love the memories of a lifetime to carry them through the darkness of the years to come.
That's it. Nothing too profound I suppose, but some thoughts that have occupied my mind today.

No comments: