Sunday, June 1, 2008

Just rambling... again...

I'm so emotional right now... (yes, it-is-that-time-of-the-month...) Too many things are going on in my life, and every time I think I was able to somewhat deal with one, there comes another!

So, to make a long story short, here's this blog's bottom line: Katarina is moving up to her next classroom. Yeah, big deal, I know... The thing is, as she moves from one classroom to another, I am confronting two realities: one is her inevitable growth, as she leaves behind everything that makes me think she's still a baby (except for the diapers, that will never happen...); the other one is the fact that, since she's my last baby, we are leaving this classroom behind as well.

Katarina is in the same developmental daycare where Larissa was before going to school. The Irvine Child Development Center (ICDC) has been the place we've trusted all this time. Each classroom has been special, but the one Katarina is about to leave is my favorite. Here is where I've seen the most change in both my girls. Here is where they went from being a babbling toddler, to being intelligible little people. Here is where diapers were replaced by pull-ups and panties (not for Katarina, never...), where likes and dislikes became more evident, were little friendships blossomed, where temper tantrums flourished - and were squashed. As my little one leaves, I get a little pang thinking of the things I've seen, of the things I've cherished, of the things I won't experience again.

So, I'm a little emotional, and as I write, I celebrate this pity party for myself.

No comments: