Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ugh... I confess

Yup. I've been skirting the issue. I've been dodging the bullet. I've been happily ignoring the situation. I've been in denial bliss. And I've been complaining of lack of content for this blog. Now I must confess.

After years and years of handling cameras, taking pictures, learning about exposure, composition, development, printing, mounting, zone system (my favorite), etc., being trusted with cameras - anything from 35 mm to large format (4X5 dreams)... After all these years, I did manage to make the biggest rookie mistake and ended up sending what my friend Sherry calls my "bad-ass camera" flying to land, lens first, on concrete. 

Ugh. Mental slap, kick, and punch. Internal crying. Lots of modulated breathing and controlling the emotions so that the brain could work. 

Happy to report the only thing broken was my UV filter, although the lens did get dented, so the camera and lens are out for diagnostics and repairs. I'm "cameraless", but not for long.

And a BIG, BIG, BIG kudos to my darling husband, who spent the money on (what I always viewed as useless) insurance for the "bad-ass" camera - not so useless, was it?

1 comment:

ladykeli said...

A bad-ass camera... and a kick-ass husband ;).