Thursday, May 14, 2015

So much has happened...

...in the past few years that I haven't had a chance to write down, or that has been recorded in Facebook never to be found again...

I just looked over some of Katarina's come backs, one-liners, and insights. And I know I've missed posting many more, but to aid my memory, I'll post one that's fresh in my mind, though it happened several months ago. She is now 9 years old.

One morning not that long ago, while waking her up and giving her little kisses, I whispered in her ear: "Good morning, your beautifulness... wake up, your beautifulness..."

Then I wondered if she was old or clever enough to get that it was a play on "your highness", so I asked, unnecessarily as it turns out, "do you know why I'm saying 'your beautifulness'?"

In a sleepy voice, eyes closed, slight grin starting to curve her lips, she replied: "Because you are the royal hiny."

... ugh...

No comments: